Hello all ! with the announcement for alpha release 2.91.0 of lohit-gurm
ukhi from lohit2 project, I would like to mention some improvements that we had achieved with this version over the previous one.
The first improvement that's quiet notifiable is, of course, the task of renaming Lohit Punjabi to Lohit Gurmukhi since we had already discussed related to this .
the improvements that we had achieved in Gurmukhi includes :
- Supports guru and gur2 open type script tags.
- Follows AGL specification syntax.
- Open type rules are available in .fea file for easy reusability
- Open type gsub lookups reduction from 10 to 8.
- Corrected glyph class of all glyphs.
- Renamed anchors to GRAnchor.
- "Copy Reference" feature implemented for better reusability of glyphs.
- Improved shape of aivowelguru, oovowelguru, aivowelguru_tippiguru, oovowelguru_tippiguru, aivowelguru_addakguru, oovowelguru_addakguru,oovowelguru_bindiguru.
The basic need behind these design improvements helps to avoid merging & overlapping of some above base substitution glyphs to the consonant glyphs. This achieves better contextualization.
here comes a paragraph as an example (second screenshot has improvemnts over first one):
along with these improvements Lohit Gurmukhi had been sucessfully tested on harfbuzz, W8 & utrrs as well. Lohit page has been updated with this release. So at any point of time , if you came across any issue, please feel free to mention :) .